Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Next Step

Hey Boys and Girls how is everyone goin? Salut mes amis du Canada! I have entered into the last 10 days and I know I have a lot of work to do before I leave Nu Tech MediWorld, Delhi, and India.
We are into mid October here and the days are starting to get noticibly shorter with the sun setting around six pm and its suppose to be getting cooler.... I would say its a little bit cooler at night sometimes but during the day its still around 33-36C depending on the day!!

Therapy continues with the same regular routine and things are getting more demanding with more exercises and with resistance and the activities are graded harder. I am also trying to walk further and further and to have better control along with better posture. With increased function in motor control in more and more muscles in different areas below my injury the more i can do and the more i have to practice.

Unfortunately, this week has started with some building problems as the lift broke down on Sunday night and they were not able to fix it (as any Indian can be a repair man :) ) So for two more days we had to wait up stairs and do the physio in our rooms and walk on the floor. A bit of a change is always good. However, by the 2nd day i was getting a bit restless and wanted out. On wednesday it was fixed and now we can escape!!!!

I had another procedure this past tuesday which was a DSM (Deep Spinal Muscle) injection and was a very simple procedure that only took about 30mins and i had to lay down for 2hours. Now i have wait and see what changes this will make.

The muscle contractions are getting stronger in the areas that have started and I am getting more contractions in areas such as my ankles, toes, hamstrings, and quadriceps.... as things become more definite and stronger I am thinking about how i will have to make them functional by putting the motions together. I have been trying to make movements and do functional activities when i am not in physio (eg. sitting on my chair without using the back).
I have now been able to extend my legs about 40 degrees while laying on my side with my legs bent at 90 degrees with by using my quadriceps. Basically extending my hips using a combination of muscles. But hey i will take anything as long as i can move things that didnt move before.
Any Canadians out there who will like to comment about the blog?
Later.....

1 comment:

Erikk Isfeld said...

ummm. Did you mean me?