Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Back to work!

I have now been through two hard Physio sessions and I am beat!! Its been 6 months since my very first stem cell injection and 4 months since i left Nu Tech Hospital and much progress has been achieved. Well I have demonstrated that many things have changed and now the approach is going to be much different. Now the approach is to make things much more functional.... especially since I am using the AFO's and can stand and make real movements in walking. The first few days we are going to concentrate on getting perfect posture with the AFO's. I am now working on shifting weight with the hips forward, backward and sideways and then being able to lift the foot off the ground.
We are also advancing the crawling by starting crawling and moving into a on the knees stance and moving forward while holding onto a frame in front of me and then moving my knees forward. We are also trying to strengthen my quadriceps to make the movements and supporting all that body weight on my knees. While on the bed in Pt. the physio is putting heaps more resistance on me and the movements and mate I can feel the body working.....
As usual I have to sleep on the very uncomfortable bed and even with an air mattress it is very disturbing to sleep. I have another idea to make my bed more comfortable and i hope it works tonight cause i havent had a good night yet and i am running out of energy. Its hard to work physically when you wake up in the morning tired.
Otherwise, its nice to see the staff again. They are so good to us and so helpful to make us comfortable. I have been out to the shops once and nothing has changed....
Well, thats it for now for my faithful readers. I am off to my first Yoga session of this trip. Should help with the sore muscles??
More later.....

1 comment:

Erikk Isfeld said...

I highly recommend that you go to a Hotel, if you can, for a night so you get a real bed. Those beds are terrible there.